Friday, July 17, 2009

A Day In The Life Of A Dunkin Donuts Employee

So I had to work this morning, from 8 to 12:30 and let me tell you something, the day definitely tried my patience. First of all, I was woken up at 4:30 this morning by the irritating voice of a coworker who shall remain nameless. This girl, I might add, has gone around begging people for hours and yet continues to call and say she can't cover for them. She wanted to know if I wanted to go in at 7. The past few days have been quite trying, so I have not gotten much sleep and I have not eaten too much, so after falling asleep at 2 to be awoken at 4:30, I was NOT a happy camper. As politely as I could I told her I would be unable to be there and of course got an attitude.


At 7:30 I was awoken by my dog, which is w
hat he does every morning so no big surprise. BUT instead of him just jumping on me then jumping off like he usually does, he decided it would be cute if he ran up and down my back a few times. Needless to say I did not feel too bad when I kicked him off of my bed. I managed to roll myself out of bed and stumble to the bathroom where of course I stubbed my toe. After a few choice words, I threw on my uniform and was on my way. On the way to work, we got to go by the wonderful smell of skunk, because a few nights ago a poor skunk got hit. As bad as I feel about the skunks untimely death, I did not appreciate the stink of it.


I walked into Dunkin Donuts, cautiousl
y because you never know who is going to be running where and if things are where they should, and saw that my boss was running the drive thru cash register. This is always frightening, you see, because she has very little patience and I could tell she was in a bad mood. So I tip toed behind her and took a breath and asked her what she wanted me to do. Next thing I knew I was having keys thrown at me. Time to count a drawer, because the boss lady could not do drive thru anymore.


I got set up in drive thru and instantly had a feeling that today's customers were going to be difficult. Sure enough, I was correct. Now this whole post is really because of one customer. She just could not be satisfied. First she wanted her iced tea in a hot cup, then she wanted different straws, then she wanted her muffin heated, then she wanted napkins, then we were taking too long. Well let me tell you, I just about lost it. When she was finally happy and left, a truck full of guys came..older guys....far too old to be looking at me...and lucky me! They decided I was the cutest thing they've ever seen. Ugh, I must say I have had quite enough of the older guys checking me out. I mean I know I am absolutely gorgeous but really now, CONTROL YOURSELVES!!!


Finally, I was informed that our paychecks were not in...just what every employee wants to hear. I hoped and prayed that they would come in soon and JUST as I was about to leave for the day they appeared!! I then saw how much it was for and nearly cried. Not enough for a girl who has to pay for college...


Well, I suppose that's enough of a rant for now. Give me some time and I am sure I will come up with more!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha got to say bout that?