Thursday, July 23, 2009

College

Everyone always tells you from the time you start school that going to college is important. That it is not a smart move if you don't go. Well why, if it is so important, is it so expensive? Elementary, Middle, and High School were all free to go to except for the materials you need, so why not college too? Granted there are private schools, well college could work the same way. You can pay out your @$$ to go to a private college, but you should be able to attend public college for free.

Now I don't mean 100% free. Room and Board and meals are understandable, they need to be able to afford these things. But paying hundreds of dollars for book you are only going to use for one year? In high school we had to lug around books that we used for one year and we didn't have to pay a cent. It just does not make any sense.

Granted I am sure that it has a lot to do with taxes so free college will never happen because taxes are high enough, but it's okay to dream right? I am only going on about this because my first college payment is August 15(?) and its like $435 and I really don't have that kind of money to be paying every month. I mean really, I work at Dunkin Donuts making minimum wage...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha got to say bout that?