Thursday, February 25, 2010

Oh What A Night

Last night my friend Brie and I decided we would go to a hockey game at 9:45 pm. It had been raining off and on all day but it didn't seem to be a big deal. The ride there was fine, we grabbed a bite to eat and went to the game. After two periods we decided that our team was boring to watch so we decided to head out.


We both needed to grab a few things from Wal Mart, so we figured since we were already in Waterville, we would just stop there. We ended up being there until midnight! When we left, it had started snowing and the roads were beginning to get slushy...uh oh....


So we were driving and we felt the car slip a bit but it seemed like everything was under control....until the last swerve....Brie thought she had gotten the car back under control so she did was any person would do, and one of the worst things you can do while sliding.....brake.


The next part seemed like it took forever to happen when in reality it could not have been more than a few seconds. We slid, and spun to the other side of the road and went into a ditch on my side. My thought process was insane!


The whole time we were sliding I could hear myself say to Bire, "relax, you got this, relax, we're going to be okay." I noticed no cars were coming so I was very grateful for that. I realized we were going off the side of the road into the ditch, so I closed my eyes, gritted my teeth, and waited for the pain.


When the car finally stopped the first thing I checked was to make sure Brie was okay. She was very shaken, but physically fine. I then realized my body was numb from the adrenaline and even if I was hurt I would not have felt it. I checked the window, fine, I checked my body, not a scratch. I then started feeling the pounding in my head and realized I had hit my head off of the passenger window. Damn did it hurt! I then felt the twinge in my neck, and the very painful spot in my back. It can't be anything serious because here I sit typing this, but it still really hurts.


We had to wait 45 minutes for the tow truck, mind you we called AAA at around ten past twelve at night....so it was very cold. The car is okay, both passenger side doors are dented and the car needs a serious front end alignment but other than that, it was quite a trooper!


In reality we were only 30 mins from campus, according to the GPS, but we took it very slow, because we were both shaking and nervous. We finally got home safe at 2am! Neither of us went to our classes today because we are sore and exhausted, but we talked to our teachers and they fully understand.


Tomorrow I am heading to Auburn to see my soldier! I am so excited but it is supposed to snow a lot so Brie and I are nervous now to travel. We'll be okay though. A lot of people have asked why we don't just stay on campus, but, 1) she needs to get her car checked out, 2) she doesn't want to go alone, and 3) I gotta see my babe!

So keep us in your prayers for tomorrow and wish us a safe trip because we need it!

2 comments:

  1. be careful danielle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am nervous to make the trip! thank you so much for being there for me and helping me be calm on the 20mile trip back. and i love your choice of song. cause i was thinking that right after we hit.

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha got to say bout that?